Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm So Proud


I'm so proud of my wife. She's strong in ways that I'm not and does things that I could never do. She's the "spokesperson" in her family and on Monday, her family asked her to deliver the family remembrance at her grandmother's funeral. It was unbelievable. There was not a dry eye in the place and we heard from every single person there how she had just 'wowed them' with her words. She didn't even do it using notes and she only found out she was speaking about an hour before the funeral. I told her what I'll say here - it was literally the best eulogy I've heard. I'm so proud of her. She ended it like this:

To the great-grandkids, she was Maw Maw
To the grandkids, she was Grandmother
She was Mother to Peggy and Tom
She was a devoted wife to Jim (She called him Jimmy)
She was sister to Alma, Mildred, and Buddy
She was daughter to Arthur and Beulah
But, most of all, she was Katheryn and we will always love her

Awesome.

No comments: