Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Making Extra Money - Part 4

What kind of investment return does it take to get your attention? If I told you that there was an easy way to get 10-12%, would you be interested? What if I told you that I could get you 30% (or more) and it was a completely inflation protected investment and was totally tax free? I'm betting I have your attention and I'm betting you're interested. I can get you exactly that and getting those returns is easy. It's called buying in bulk.

Now, I know what you're saying - buying in bulk is a pain, I'll never use that much of product xyz, etc. Those are common complaints about buying in bulk and because people think that way, they forego some serious savings opportunities. And, as I've pointed out before, money saved is money made.

I'm going to link to two different articles that will go over the benefits of buying in bulk and the economics of buying in bulk. Both are easy reads and I don't want to plagiarize their materials:

Bulk Buying Basics
Bulk Buying Economics

I will summarize for you just in case you're too lazy to actually read an article that's going to make you money.

It makes sense to buy the following types of products in bulk:

Household Products & Toiletries - cotton swabs, laundry detergent, feminine products, toothpaste, etc. - stuff you'll use over time and you know won't expire

Favorites & Easily Frozen Items - meats, favorite cereals, jellies, etc.

Staples - oils, sweeteners, flour, seasonings, etc.

If you're not buying this type of stuff in bulk, you should be! The article above on economics of buying in bulk will explain the financial aspects of it. There are, however, additional benefits - things like fewer trips to the grocery (less gas, less impulse buys, etc.), an emergency reserve so you don't have to shop when it snows or some natural disaster hits, and a little bit of freed up cash for you to invest and/or save!

So - head over to Sam's, Costco, or B.J.'s (depending on where you live and what's nearby) and start saving!

No comments: