Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Love the Internet - Part 2

I'll admit it - I watched a lot of TV as a kid. Either that or I just have a good memory because I seem to have all these random shows floating around in my head and nobody else seems to remember them (at least nobody that I've asked about them). Again, the Internet comes to the rescue and proves that, while I may have watched a lot of bad TV as a child, I am not hallucinating when I describe these shows to people.

Shazam


Come on - you don't remember this show about this teenage boy and this creepy old man (his "mentor" whose name, incidentally, was Mentor!?) that traveled around together in a Winnebago? All he had to do was yell out 'Shazam' and he'd turn into a middle aged guy in a tight superhero suit. You don't remember that?! HERE is a much clearer video. I feel sure you'll remember when you see the awesome special effects.

The Space Giants

I remember when we first got cable and WTBS was just getting going. Ted Turner must've gotten this show cheap because it was flat out terrible. I watched a lot of it though. Who doesn't love badly dubbed Japanese shows about a 50 foot robot and his electronic space family? The special effects on this show made the special effects on Shazam look like they would've won an Academy Award for special effects.

In the News

Now I know you remember this. You're sitting in front of the TV with a big bowl of Frankenberry and watching Superfriends and all of the sudden this thing comes on. I probably would have never watched one of these segments except the enormous remote control we had could only turn the gigantic wood paneled tv on and off. I think they figured out that kids hated these because it seems like they were replaced by the Schoolhouse Rock segments.

I love you Internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, Brent.

Brent said...

Internet - you're so sweet. I love you more.