Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Love the Internet

I often ask Britney what life was like before the Internet. I honestly have a hard time remembering what I used to do to find information. I guess I sort of remember spending a lot of time in the library looking at reference books. Not good times. On that same subject, what did people do at work before computers? I guess you filled out a lot of forms by hand and typed a bunch of stuff on typewriters?! I digress...

One of the things I like most about the Internet is its ability to confirm things that I think I know but am not sure about. Today, I confirmed the existence of two movies that I thought I remembered seeing when I was a kid but was not absolutely positive that I hadn't just made them up (I saw them both when I was sick and home from school so I thought maybe I'd had some kind of fever-induced dream).

Bad Ronald (1974)

You can't blame me for not knowing if this was real or not because this movie was just flat out weird. This kid accidentally kills another kid and his mom ends up hiding him in the house by walling him into a pantry closet. The mom goes to the doctor for some routine procedure and ends up dying, leaving this kid living in this house to spy on the family that moves in next. Trust me - it was weird. But I did actually see it!

Bless the Beasts and the Children (1971)

I've heard the theme song enough times to know that this was a real movie. What I couldn't be sure on was whether or not I remembered the plotline correctly (I did!). It was about these misfit kids (some of them teenagers?!) that did stuff like wet the bed, so they get sent away to summer camp to be around other weird kids and they end up going on some crusade to free a bunch of corralled buffalo. I tell you, they don't make 'em like this anymore. Thank God.

The Baseball Bunch

This was just my favorite show to watch on Saturday mornings. I'd watch this show and then go put on my baseball uniform - even if the game was at like 4PM and the show went off the air at 8:30AM. Then I'd go outside and throw tennis balls against the house and wake everyone up so I could practice catching fly balls. Good times!

No comments: