Monday, December 17, 2007

Are You a Collector?

I recently found out that the guy that lives across the street from me has an entire room in his house dedicated to KISS memorabilia. I have yet to see said collection but am extremely excited about the prospect of doing so. I collected baseball cards as a kid and have held on to them in hopes that someday every other guy my age will lose his collection and I'll have something of value. I'm not much of a collector of anything anymore. I am, however, always amazed when I watch these shows about obsessed collectors and they show people that have entire rooms in their house dedicated to some random band or TV show.

I did a little web searching on the topic and came across some pretty strange collections. These people are truly devoted to their subject of interest (to say the least):

BEER CANS













MR. POTATOHEAD MEMORABILIA
(this is only one of the 6 pictures of his collection)
See the rest HERE

























VIDEO GAME MEMORABILIA















There are many many others - some weirder than others. I found a ping pong ball collection that dates back to the 1920s. A Smurf collection that takes up an entire room. A Strawberry Shortcake doll collection that takes up multiple rooms. A condiment package collection that contained over 3000 packets of ketchup, mustard, you name it. Weird stuff. If you have a room dedicated to collecting something (other than dust), I want to know about it!

No comments: