Saturday, December 1, 2007

Real Life Superheroes!

If you grew up as a "child of the 80's", it's pretty much a guarantee that the Superfriends were on your weekly "must watch" list. I was a huge fan. I especially liked Zan & Jayna and their space monkey Gleek.

I recently came across a site listing 10 real life superheroes. One of these guys can actually fly and another one has Aquaman's ability to summon fish telepathically. OK - I made that part up - but their talents are cool all the same. Video clips included!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand this is just a fun list, but the scientist in me has to call B.S. on a couple of them:

4. Mister Eat-it-All (Michel Lotito). While this guy is probably quite an entertainer, I highly doubt he is digesting what he's eating. He's got to simply be barfing the stuff back up at the end of the day. That amount of metal being digested would be very toxic to the body and he would die.

6. Magnetic Man. Um no. Sticky? Perhaps... (wet with large surface areas). Magnetic? pffft. The guy also claims to be able to "attract" ceramic and wood to his body, and to be able to levitate.

Coolest one on here IMHO though: The Incredible Brain (Daniel Tammet). Real, and scientifically tested. There was a great documentary on him in 2004.

Brent said...

Shannon - quit debunking my posts. Keep your 'science' to yourself. Science...whatever.