Thursday, February 7, 2008

11 Year Old with NBA Skills

One of my favorite things to do when I feel not-so-good about myself and my declining athletic skills is to imagine how great I would be if I was playing against a bunch of little kids. I'm pretty sure I'd be the best player in the local Little League. I'm also pretty sure that most Pee Wee football players would have a hard time tackling me and that I'd lead the league in TDs if I were allowed to play.

Until yesterday, I also thought that I was better than every 5th grader in the country in hoops. This video has altered that perception and sent my ego into a tailspin. This kid is unbelievable. And - in addition to being good at basketball, he also is the world record holder in his age group for running a mile. Great - now I can't even beat up on little kids anymore. I'm depressed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!
They should team him with that kid from the Reebok commerical from a few years ago who was two years old and consistently hitting his shots on a full-size basket--that kid should be close to the same age by now--and do a "hoop dreams" documentary on them.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. That kid is unfreaking believable. I don't know how many people know of your athletic prowess like I do, but I am not sure, frankly, if you'd be the best Little League player. The way you wiffed at wiffle balls on the 4th of July was somewhat alarming. Maybe the best t-ball player...but LL is pushing it.

Zack R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zack R said...

I don't care how well he can dribble and shoot set shots. I would still destroy that kid 1-on-1. If he did start hitting shots somehow, I'd simply use my vastly superior size to bully and intimidate him. Don't tell me an 11 year-old isn't going to flinch after being ruthlessly elbowed to the floor a few times by a man 3X his size.

Brent said...

Let's not forget that he's also the world record holder in his age group for running. While your size may be vastly superior, your speed is vastly inferior. If it was a full court game of one on one, I'm betting on the kid.

Zack R said...

Even the greatest athlete in the world can't run with a shattered pelvis.