Monday, February 25, 2008

Website Recommendation: File2HD.com

I hesitate a little bit to post a recommendation for this site simply because I know that not everyone that reads this blog is computer saavy. Let me preface this recommendation by saying that if you're not at least a little bit comfortable with computers, this site won't be useful to you. If you are, however, this site is pretty cool.

File2HD.com lets you save files off of websites onto your hard drive. This site does things that you can't do on your own by just right-clicking and selecting save. For example, you can enter a MySpace page and tell the site that you're interested in saving the audio files off the site and it will give you the ability to do so. That is something that, without the help of a tool like this, is virtually impossible to do. All you have to do to use the site is enter a website and tell it what type of file you're interested in saving (audio, images, etc.). File2HD will examine the page you entered and gather all of the data that can be saved off of the page. I use it all the time to do things like save pictures and music.

Sorry for posting a site that isn't applicable to everyone, but this is a cool tool for those that can figure out how to operate it so I wanted to go ahead and share. Drop me a note if you can't figure it out and I'll try to help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, that's a great find, thanks! I've run into this problem many times and the only way I found to get the file I want is tedious and complicated (looking through the source file, writing my own html code, and then right-click-save).

Anonymous said...

Hey, i cant download any file on any other website other than myspace or youtube..what is the deal maybe you can help me out. A bunch of files come up but none that i can find that has the song to download....pleeesse help

Anonymous said...

is this legal?