Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Taking a Stroll Down Memory Lane

I'll go ahead and tell you before you read any further. This post is probably interesting to exactly one person - ME. I'm writing it anyway.

The other day I was day dreaming (something I do frequently when bored) and started thinking about my dream of being a music star. For those of you that don't know me, I once dreamed of having long hair and playing in a rock band. For those of you that do know me, that may also come as a surprise given my current lack of hair.

Anyway - as a teenager I had this dream of being in a band, touring the country, playing in front of millions, etc. I was in a couple of garage bands (Eternity, Crossfire, Freewill to name a few) and we did a few shows here and there but nothing really ever came of it. We moved away during my junior year of high school or I'm pretty sure I'd be a huge star right now. What a cruel twist of fate.

At that time, there were a couple of bands that I idolized and one of them is the guys in the picture - Paragon. I used to stay over at a friend's house whose parents let us go see their shows and stay out really late (my parents would not have let me go and probably had no idea that I did go until this very instant! Surprise!). These guys were the kings of the Charlotte scene and I felt like I had an in with them since Marc, their guitar player, knew my family. I did a search for Paragon the other day and low and behold they have their own MySpace site - dedicated to the band and the music from back in the day. I was so excited about hearing the songs again that I just had to post about it!

I think I'll talk to Britney about getting the band back together!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Geez, I remember your big hair band collection when you moved to Atlanta. I also remember when you chunked them all too. It was like taking candy from a baby. Just seeing that picture reminds me of "Baby, don't treat me bad" and Amy Everhart. Zoicks!!

Anonymous said...

Where's the love for Rotting Carcass?

Brent said...

Rotting Carcass definitely holds a soft spot in my heart. For those that don't know, Rotting Carcass was a metal band that rocked the Georgia Tech campus in the mid-90s. Inman and I happened to be founding members of said band but that's beside the point. The fact of the matter is that Rotting Carcass, despite only performing one show (which consisted of one song), brought the Georgia Tech Theater to its knees and shook the campus in a way not seen since.

Anonymous said...

Yes, no one will ever forget your version of 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree.'