Thursday, January 3, 2008

Traveling in Style


I recently picked up the January 2008 issue of Travel & Leisure magazine and noticed that this edition features their annual rankings of the 500 best hotels in the world. I always enjoy looking at this list because it gives me ideas about places to go, places to dream about going, etc. Fortunately, my first job out of college required a good bit of travel and I've actually stayed at some of these hotels - 7 to be exact.

The picture is from the Four Seasons in Maui where we spent our honeymoon. I've also stayed at:

I also was on a project in Atlanta once and, believe it or not, lived every week for about 4 months in the Four Seasons Atlanta which was on last year's list but didn't make the cut this year. I've never, ever been disappointed at a Four Seasons property (though some, admittedly, are nicer than others and I have had a couple of customer service issues which have been promptly addressed). I didn't think the one in Las Vegas, for instance, was nearly as nice as the one in Maui or Whistler. I also wasn't really 'wowed' by the two hotels I listed in Dallas. The Willows Lodge in Seattle was really nice and just a cool place to stay - huge tub that you could watch flat screen plasma tv from, marble bathroom with shower you could sit in, Starbucks coffee grinder and press in your room, etc. It is very near the Microsoft campus and a lot of their guests stay there (I was visiting Microsoft when I did!).

Take a look at the list HERE. How many have you been to? Any that you recommend or don't recommend? Leave a comment!

No comments: